Did you know that your appetite is a direct result of how much sugar you eat? In other words if you eat less sugar, you won't be hungry. And, isn't that the key to being able to stick to a diet?? The truth is that you are eating foods packed with hidden sweeteners that deliver a belly-fattening Sugar/Carb Value.

Tuesday, February 1

Afternoon thoughts

So much of my life is wrapped around food. I wake up thinking about it. I plan menus and fill out Peapod orders and watch cooking shows and list new recipes I want to try. I know that I eat not just because I am hungry, but also because I like food. And, I love to cook.

I need to find other things to do. I do have many interests, but I have been isolated lately. A big reason for the isolation is financial. After nearly 2 years of unemployment for my husband, there are many activities that have been eliminated. But, some of what is eliminated is by choice because of a depression. Much of the depression is caused by my weight. So, I figure if I force myself to do some of them, I will feel better. And, then of course as I lose weight, I will want to do more of them and hopefully it will become habit again.

One of the many things I like to do is read. I have started to read again. I can't decide though whether to read a few Danielle Steel books that have been hanging around here or a Sue Grafton book on my Kindle. Such tough decisions. When I used to read all the time I was up to date on each of them. I always read them in order. Now, I don't really consider myself to be a perfectionist or anal retentive, but for some reason I feel like I can't start a new one cause I don't remember where I left off.

Reading over that paragraph makes me sound really pathetic. I have to laugh at myself. I think the solution to the books is to read a totally different one so I don't have to figure out where to start again.

I also want to start playing the piano regularly again. Although I will probably be selling it shortly and part of me is afraid to get attached to it again. I will miss it.

****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your ideas and thoughts. I enjoy reading about other joys and failures as well. Comments are moderated. They may not appear immediately.