Did you know that your appetite is a direct result of how much sugar you eat? In other words if you eat less sugar, you won't be hungry. And, isn't that the key to being able to stick to a diet?? The truth is that you are eating foods packed with hidden sweeteners that deliver a belly-fattening Sugar/Carb Value.

Thursday, February 10

Daily Thoughts

Well it's mid afternoon and I am just getting to the checking in here. I am waiting for my dinner to be ready and it smells luscious. It is cooking in the rice cooker. It is a Mexican style rice and chicken that I made up myself. If you are also following my cooking blog, it is actually something that was planned for next week, but got moved up because at 11AM I discovered the the item scheduled for today takes 6 hours in the slow cooker and we eat dinner around 3.

Anyhow, it's got yellow rice, chicken, bell pepper, hot frying peppers, red kidney beans, onions, garlic and lots of other seasonings too. It is YUMMY! Very filling and totally simply filling if you are following Weight Watchers. That's not the way I am counting right now, but in many ways it is similar. I am actually using the information I have learned from many eating plans (I don't want to say the "D" word) to choose my foods. I think that's why I am being successful. I am not following someone else's plan, I am learning to figure it out myself.

There are a few reasons I eat dinner at lunch time. First it works well for our schedule. I tutor in the late afternoons and don't get home till 8:30PM. Who wants to start cooking dinner then? Plus it's unhealthy to eat a big meal that late. Also, on the nights we like to go out for music, it's far better to have our big meal before we go. That way the night out costs little to nothing.

We will be heading out tonight to see friends of ours perform at a local restaurant. Here is a no recipe recipe for those who like to go out and have a drink now and then. Take a shot of whipped cream flavored vodka and mix it with diet coke or seltzer. YUMMY! And then each time you are half way down the glass, have the bar tender keep filling the glass with ice and more diet coke or seltzer. Also tastes great with decaf coffee and lots of ice. Use Splenda if you need to sweeten it. No sugar and only 3 carbs.

One of my dogs hasn't been feeling well and that has been very stressful. I think he is better today, although he hasn't started to eat or drink yet and that worries me. He will get a bath later to clean him up and I am hoping that perks him up enough to eat. Although he is such a wimpy dog, he will probably pout for a few hours after the bath first. Just giving him a bath will be a work out for the day.

Well that's enough babbling. I need to get our dinner and will write in my ending day numbers later.

**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your ideas and thoughts. I enjoy reading about other joys and failures as well. Comments are moderated. They may not appear immediately.