Did you know that your appetite is a direct result of how much sugar you eat? In other words if you eat less sugar, you won't be hungry. And, isn't that the key to being able to stick to a diet?? The truth is that you are eating foods packed with hidden sweeteners that deliver a belly-fattening Sugar/Carb Value.

Thursday, February 3

First Complaint

I shared before that I wasn't a fruit eater. But, I am a vegetable eater. I can probably list on less than one hand the vegetables I don't like. I LOVE MOST OF THEM!!

I am having a hard time fitting the veggies I love into the 15 grams of sugar. Today I am eating a raw green pepper as my vegetable with dinner. Just the one pepper has 5 grams of sugar. My hubby is having carrots with his dinner. Two baby carrots have 1 gram of sugar. So, that isn't too bad. But, 1 cup of peas has over 8 grams of sugar. I had 7 grams of sugar worth of cauliflower in my frittata for breakfast.

While I fully understand the sugar issues, I am having a difficult time getting my mind around too many vegetables being my enemy. I will have to see some amazing results in order to completely buy into this particular requirement.

I do love being able to eat all the chicken I want for lunch today though.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your ideas and thoughts. I enjoy reading about other joys and failures as well. Comments are moderated. They may not appear immediately.