Did you know that your appetite is a direct result of how much sugar you eat? In other words if you eat less sugar, you won't be hungry. And, isn't that the key to being able to stick to a diet?? The truth is that you are eating foods packed with hidden sweeteners that deliver a belly-fattening Sugar/Carb Value.

Wednesday, February 2

Eating Dinner and Catching Up

My dinner tonight is really tasty. I put 3 already cooked, but frozen, boneless skinless chicken breasts in my rice cooker. I put in 2 rice cooker cups of red rice and 3 cups of frozen spinach and 3 1/2 cups of water. I added 2 tablespoons Vietnamese garlic chili sauce and 2 tablespoons of butter. Cooked on brown rice setting until done. It is very very good and far more filling than I expected. I can have as much of the chicken as I want and 3 cups of the rice mixture. WOW! Almost too much.

It is probably mind over matter, but I think I am actually moving easier tonight than I have in a long time. And, I haven't taken my Aleve yet today.

I don't eat fruit much. There are so many that I don't like. But last week, they were on special and I bought grapefruits. I have 5 left and I don't want them to go to waste, but each one has 20 carbs and 18 of that is sugar. I don't like wasting food and I certainly can't afford it either, so I am not sure what I will do.

I am far more satisfied tonight than I was last night. I wasn't hungry last night, but I was craving something sweet. None of that tonight!

Well, I will be posting my ending numbers a bit later tonight. I did well!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your ideas and thoughts. I enjoy reading about other joys and failures as well. Comments are moderated. They may not appear immediately.