Did you know that your appetite is a direct result of how much sugar you eat? In other words if you eat less sugar, you won't be hungry. And, isn't that the key to being able to stick to a diet?? The truth is that you are eating foods packed with hidden sweeteners that deliver a belly-fattening Sugar/Carb Value.

Tuesday, February 1

An OMG Moment

As I discover things that amaze me I am going to post them. Perhaps everyone but me already knows these things, but just in case.

I was making my husband's peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch today. It's definitely his favorite sandwich. Anyhow, I had no intention of eating any of it, but now I am in the habit of reading labels.

Did you know that peanut butter has 2x the amount of sugar/carbs per serving as jelly?????? I was shocked. While I surely knew there was sugar in most peanut butter, I would never have suspected that there was more sugar than in full sugar jelly. Mind you, there is no sugar in a peanut. It's all added and most is corn syrup. Even if you aren't looking to lose weight or eliminate belly fat, why would you want to eat a peanut butter that has more sugar than peanuts in it??? And yes, it was a very famous national brand.

I am again reminded of the Maya Angelou quote "when you know better, you do better."

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your ideas and thoughts. I enjoy reading about other joys and failures as well. Comments are moderated. They may not appear immediately.